Old 13-12-2004, 01:50 PM
SugarChile

Chickweed is what I consider a "winter weed". It grows actively this time
of year and into early spring, then it sets seed (abundantly) and dies out,
for the most part. I've never used chemicals on it, but it is very quick
and easy to pull.

I pull it in flower beds and other places where it is obvious, then don't
spend much time worrying about it. I figure, like the poor, it will always
be with us.

Cheers,
Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

"pixi" wrote in message
The ground in my woods is literally covered with chickweed. Part of the
woods is landscaped.

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it? Can one spray now? I am in
zone 5. Supposed to get close to zero tonight.
Or can I sprinkle a dust around now.

My thinking is that the chickweed is actively growing. Not much else is.
And I need to get rid of it before it takes over the whole place.

Thank you.

Pixi