Old 13-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Ray

Thank you, Pat.

Saturday after Thanksgiving I flew to Milan on business with my "real job."
Upon arriving, I learned that my friends at Air France at CDG did a "le
oops" and neglected to put the luggage of about 20 people on the connecting
flight. Fortunately, it was on the next flight, so I was only waiting about
3 hours.

Unfortunately, the bottle of Rise and Shine Concentrate I was taking to Reka
broke. Fortunately, it was in a sealed plastic bag that did not leak in
the luggage, but I ultimately trashed it (Sorry, Reka). That was the extent
of the involvement with orchids on the trip....

After a few days of cold rain and a general strike, but lots of good food
and wine, I was off to Prague on another leg.

Good visit with folks I've worked with via email and fax for two years.
Unbelievable city!

Then off to Paris, home of my parent company and a subsidiary. Two days of
work, then my wife flew over, so we walked ourselves to death vacationing,
but with more wonderful food-and-wine-compensation.

..
"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
Welcome back Ray. Hope you had a good time.

Pat

"Ray" wrote in message
I realize I'm jumping in very late (just back from 2 weeks in Europe),
but:

Not only is it ridiculous to think that all plants will respond that
quickly, it is naive to think that all plants will do well in a
particular mix. Furthermore, to believe that one medium will work well
for all growers and their conditions is also extremely telling of
orchid-growing ignorance.

H&R does not use Aussie Gold mix, and equating their success with the use
of diatomite in their medium with potential success with Aussie Gold is
significantly overstepping decent marketing.

.
"danny" wrote in message
. ..
Claims like this obviously come from inexperienced growers or salesmen.
The
majority of orchids won't put out new growth within two weeks because
you
put it into the newest "wonder mix". If I repotted my entire very mixed
collection of orchids at any particular time, 90% of the plants wouldn't
put
out new growth in two weeks regardless of what I potted them in.

-danny

"in5years" wrote in message
news:1102402915.12f5a2e3db31bac798fe4c7d40dac43e@t eranews...

Hi,
This new mix works like a charm!!!! IT REALLY DOES WORK!!! All of my
orchids that I've repotted have new shoots within 2 weeks and buds
within 1 month.

I'm so convinced.....I became a dealer for Aussie Gold! What's great
about this mix is that it is already made for you. There's no need to
go running around or waiting for your different components to your mix
to arrive.

For those who wait, you'll not win any ribbons at the orchid shows!!!

WOW !!!!

Steve
MN, USA

francis marion Wrote:
Anyone here heard of, it or used it?

Their web page http://www.aussie-gold.com/ sure makes it sound like
the
greatest thing to happen to orchids since sliced bread.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
Francis Marion

--