Old 13-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Andyd

These are popular enough trees that you can just look at these in
landscapes that are professionally cared for, such as businesses, some
yards, etc. and see what and when they are doing this. I haven't seen
them trimmed back in the summer. You can also see what these trees
look like the rest of the year and decide if this suits you. I have
some at work that are cared for, plus several yards on my way to work
that are obviously done by the pros, when I put in some of these trees
I'll use these as my "guide".

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:13:01 -0600, "David" wrote:

Greetings All,

I have several Crate Myrtles at my house and I was wondering if anyone could
advise as to when the best time to trim these back would be? I seem to
remember my neighbors doing this about this time last year, but a few Google
searches I did said to cut right after they bloom (Before August?). Some
central Texas specific advice would be appreciated (if applicable).

Thanks!
David