Old 14-12-2004, 12:39 AM
jg

"Phred" wrote in message
You know, I'm starting to wonder if cooler is healthier. What brought
this to mind is that the last of the Australian First World War
veterans have been dying off over the past few years, and a surprising
number of them seem to have lived in Tasmania. Given the small
population of that State I can only assume they sent off a very high
proportion of volunteers or the ones that did go went on to live a
very healthy life in our coldest State.

I read that Aussie POW's survived much better than others, particularly
British, apparently due to better diet & living conditions growing up.