Old 14-12-2004, 02:36 AM
Fran

"Chookie" wrote in message

What are your outputs at the moment?

peas, silver beet, garlic, herbs, lettuces, rocket and a few other things
that have escaped my mind. The tomatoes are still minute and the birds got
all the infant apples but not the pears so far.

What are you putting in?

Shortly I'll put in more beans, rockmelons (now frost danger is over) and
whatever I see in punnet form in the garden centre after Xmas.

What else are you planning to do in the short term?

Muclh my paths and try to get rid of a massive weed infestation which is
trying to strangle us in our beds.

What about longer-range plans?

Get bird netting and rig up permanent poly pipe X shaped frames over fruit
trees so that I can keep the sodding birds off.

How do you get rid of snails if your hubby doesn't want poultry?

chhoks and snails are not a good mix anyway due to one of the transferable
diseases - you'd need ducks, But try stale beer (any yeast mixed with
water) in a sauce, Cornflakes mixed with Derris dust.