Old 14-12-2004, 02:32 AM
Xi Wang

Hey list. My name is Xi, male, 22. I'm currently in Winnipeg, Canada,
and have about a dozen Dtps/Phals, but also 3 Zygos....but they were
divisions from the same plant. And really, I take care of the phals,
the Zygos are my parent's. So yeah, I've been growing orchids for
probably about 5 years now...but really only got into it this year, and
that's when I acquired my current collection. My first orchid, a plain
white one, from several years ago died from crown rot after a couple of
reblooms. I have no 'orchid accomplishments' as of yet...I mean, hey,
I've only been doing this for a short while, but I do plan to breed some
of my own one of these days when I get some reblooms. In other news,
I'm currently a 2nd year medical student....um, that's about it. I also
raise butterflies in the summertime, and have a modest collection.
That's been going on for about 7-8 years now.

Cheers

Claude wrote:
Good idea Joanna! here I am:

| -- Who am I and What Is My Gender?

I`m Claude aka Phalguy and I`m a 44 years old man!

| -- Where am I? Where do I grow?

I live in Montreal , Québec, Canada!

| -- What do I grow?

I grow under fluorescent lighting in S/H culture. I grow mostly Phals (
species ) and few Paph and Oncidium.

| -- The decade of my age?

I`m 44, soon to be 45 !

| -- How long have I been growing orchids?

I started growing orchid in 1999 when I accidently found a dying orchid at
one of my friend house! I decided to kidnap the plant. Since then, I`m
completely addicted to orchid !

| -- Miscellaneous Info...

I`m a nurse working in a cardio-vascular and thoracic surgery unit! Growing
orchid allows me to get a good stress management. I`m also Bouddhist and I
love meditation, TaiChi, yoga!
I am gay ( yes I am ) and I am with my boyfriend for over 15 years now ! And
no, I don`t want to get married :-)
My first langage is French ( who knew ! ) and I`m trying my very best to
learn English!

Claude