Old 14-12-2004, 03:38 AM
Eric G

On 13 Dec 2004 10:41:37 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
Martin Brown writes:

| I bought an insecticidal soap and have been using the spray once a
| week on the plants, but the mealybugs still keep coming back.
|
| Not a chance. You just get cleaner mealy bugs.

Not at all - it works like a dream, on any that you can see.

The mistake is to use it as a contact insecticide - you need to
blast the wool off them using a hand spray as a miniature power
washer. They then dry up and die. If you just wet them, then
the effect is as you describe.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Hi Nick,

Sorry for my ignorance but if you first blast them with a power
washer won't they just be pushed off the plant altogether?
Why would you then need the soap? Eric