Old 14-12-2004, 03:56 AM
Eric G

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:26:14 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

You are pretty much going to have to go in hard with systemic chemicals
if you want them all gone. And move all the infested plants well away
from the clean ones.

I've been thinking about this. Three of the six Diefenbachia that
were badly infested were in the same room but in different corners,
about 8-10 feet away from each other. In between them were smaller
plants that were also infected but not as badly.

Now the other three Diefenbachia were in a foyer area around the
corner a good 20 feet or more away. They too were badly infested. In
the same foyer is a Benjamin fiscus that is being threatened as well.

So my question is how do these pests get around? They don't fly
correct? They wouldn't be climbing around the place would they? The
only thing I can think of, which is scary, is that they are being
blown about by the forced air heating system and are possibly flowing
through the entire house. What's most likely?

Using hydrogen peroxide with cotton swabs just isn't practical. It
takes forever just to do one plant.

Meths and a stiff brush is faster.

What are Meths and where do you buy them?
How do you go about removing them, one at a time, and wipe them on a
paper towel as you go?

Thanks! Eric