Old 14-12-2004, 05:36 AM
Travis

orangetrader wrote:
A friend of mine just bought a new house with a pool in the
backyard...only that to the south, to the east and to the west are
three two story houses with balconies. So privacy is an issue.

I think he can plant a row of very tall bamboo around the entire
perimeter to archieve the effect of a tall fence. What species
should he use and will it be cost prohibitive to "fence" the entire
backyard (75' wide and 50' length) with bamboo?

Climate is a factor in deciding which bamboo to use and yes 125 linear
feet might be expensive, it would be for me but not for Bill Gates.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5