Old 14-12-2004, 06:13 AM
JennyC

"Eric G" wrote in message
I have a mealybug problem with my houseplants and wonder if someone
can offer some suggestions on how to get rid of the pests?
snip
Where do you find ladybugs in the freezing snow and cold now here in
Canada? How do you release ladybugs so they stay on the plant in
question and not fly away somewhere else?
Thanks in advance! Eric

I find methelated spirits works really well. The usual way is to apply it to the
infected areas with a paintbrush, but I have found what misting the whole plant
works a lot better. It gets into all the nooks and crannies.......I use a hand
pump-up spray.

Take the plant outside or somewhere that you can ventilate well 'cos it stinks
to high heaven !

You might need to do this once or twice to get them all.

Jenny