Old 14-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Kay

In article , Bob H
writes

We do have a Russian Vine and I know it does grow *very* well. We have
it on a trellis on the edge of our patio; that should be it grows along
a trellis from about 3ft below. The idea is that it provides a noticble
edge of an otherwise open edged patio, which has a drop of over 2ft.
This year we have noticed that it has done particularly well after
cutting back last backend. It has not flowered in the 3 years we have
had it, but the leaves are a very nice autumny/dark red colour.

That sounds more like Virginia creeper or Boston Ivy - I've not seen
Russian vine anything other than a fairly boring green.
--
Kay