Old 14-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Sacha

On 14/12/04 22:30, in article
, "Bob H"
wrote:
snip
This year we have noticed that it has done particularly well after
cutting back last backend. It has not flowered in the 3 years we have
had it, but the leaves are a very nice autumny/dark red colour.

Thanks for the advice, no I would not place it between myself and my
neighbours, and will look for what you have advised.

I wonder if this IS Russian vine that you have? Polygonum baldschuanicum?
I don't think it's ever shy of flowering and I haven't seen the leaves turn
a good autumn colour, either, though that may just be location, or
something. AFAIK, it's either green leaved and flowering - or not.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk