Old 15-12-2004, 01:22 AM
Sarah

My Dtps. New Cinderella hybrid is about 18 inches under a 100w bulb. My
other phals are also under a 100w bulb, and are placed between 24 and 48
inches away from it.

Ray, would you suggest that I switch to fluorescent bulbs?

Sarah

"Ray" wrote in message
Sarah,

I would consider two possibilities: Not enough light, and/or improper

diet.

"Full spectrum" or not, most incandescent bulbs don't put out a great deal
of energy as light - most of it is heat. What wattage, how many bulbs,

and
at what distance?

Can you tell us about the food and water they get? (Formula, quantity,

and
frequency of feeding.)

.
"Sarah" wrote in message
Hello everyone!

I need some advice on reblooming phals. I have several that haven't
bloomed
for years. (Apparently I'm not good at beginner's orchids! ;-)

I grow indoors in either fir bark or s/h. Some phals are at an east
window
with a supplemental full-spectrum incandescent light. (Part of my house
blocks the sunlight.) The others I have in my office away from a window
but
under a full-spectrum incandescent light. My growing temperatures
currently
range from 58F at night to 70F during the day. In the summer, they
generally range from 65F at night to 85F during the day.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Sarah