Old 15-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Des Higgins

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message

"Des Higgins" wrote in message

. Now you see what has happened Duncan :-).
The big danger of posting grammatical or spelling corrections on usenet
is that everyone will scour every post by you to look for your own
mistakes. Ultimately, even the most literate among us will get something
wrong sooner or later.
My personal pet hates are incorrect uses of plurals/singulars for data,
bacteria etc. or
incorrect use of the word literally as in "... I literally jumped out of
my skin". I think it is a sign of reaching 45 or so.

Des

Your probably right. The amount of people I myself actually see talking
wrong is totally unbelieveable. I guess its OK though is theres enough
doing mistake's since then its' the norm. Trouble is, we all have to do
the same mistakes at the end of the day to make it OK and at this point in
time theres a lot of MOGs like I ; whom really really dont want to do it.
So nothing ever changes. No what I mean.

ur ded rite about wot's rong but I dont tink it is possible to stop udders
from making mistakes.
There are too many of them and too many mistakes.
Much of modern English is probably a historical mistake or accident anyway.
English has changed over teh years and will continue to do so and it is
almost impossible to stop.

Here in Dublin, kids now all speak as if they are in "Friends" (US sitcom).
It is dire but they do not care
so I try to just ignore it.