Old 12-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Reka

kenty ;-) wrote:
The phal should do fine there in the winter,but as soon as the sun become
strong in spring ,i would move it further into the room.I wouldnt place the
plant to close to the window as at night can become a cold area,especially
on a windowsill with curtains drawn. I have seen someone
growing/re-flowering phals on a bay windowsill with really good results.

You see, I would have said the opposite. The cold nights are good for
them, as long as it doesn't get below 13°C/55°C. But you will need a
sheer curtain now while the sun is low, and more so as the days get
longer. Some tissue paper taped to the window behind the plant helps,
too, if you don't have or want a curtain.
Where are you? That can make a big difference as well.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Reclaim Your Inbox!