Old 13-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 01:50:00 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

-- Who am I and What Is My Gender?

I will answer for both as John only reads and tells me what to
post or what I should NOT have posted. G

Sue and John married couple

-- Where am I? Where do I grow?

Colorado - belong to Denver Orchid Society (please post
affiliations)
We now grow in a lean-to gh. We grew under lights & in a
windowsill in Chicago.

-- What do I grow?

Best definition is anything that catches our eye. John grows
Phrags and Paphs in his end of the GH, I cover the top with
Ascda and other vandaceous. I am starting with Bulbos.

-- The decade of my age?

Lets leave it that we have been growing Orchids over 30 years.
Ever since John was out with a vendor and as they drove past
Hausermann's the guy said, "You ought to take your wife there
sometime if she likes flowers."

-- My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?

Recovering from a broken thermostat in the gh. How to go from a
full collection of old catts to a mixed collection of 50 plants
in a week. We are back pushing the top of the 500s.

-- Miscellaneous Info...

We have a web site with photos posted as our plants bloom. John
does not often take a photo of second or third blooming. And
yes, Evilsoft is my email isp.

I am in training as an AOS Judge. I understand why one of my
mentors once said... "I quit judging because none of my plants
were good enough" Rose Cohen of Skokie was one of the best
growers I have ever know.
SuE