Old 14-12-2004, 02:39 AM
Sarah

Who am I and What Is My Gender?

I'm Sarah Huff (female).

Where am I? Where do I grow?

I'm in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA. I grow in my living room and office
(east and south windows) under full spectrum incandescent light. I grow in
either fir bark or s/h, depending on the type of orchid and its condition
when I receive it. (A local orchid store has an "out of bloom room" from
which I get most of my orchids, and the plants are very often in distress.)

What do I grow?

I grow whatever catches my eye, but I have mostly phals, catts, and
dendrobiums. I'm hoping to expand my collection to include vandas. I have
around 40-50 plants, most of which I'm having trouble reblooming.

The decade of my age?

I'm 34.

How long have I been growing orchids?

I've been growing for about 5 years, although I grew for a couple of years
when I was a teenager.

My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?

I've rebloomed my Dtps. New Cinderella hybrid several times. It's been out
of bloom for a while now, but has a little nubbin that could be a spike.
It's growing very slowly (a watched pot never boils - I check it at least
twice a day), but I'm hopeful.

Another big orchid accomplishment was not buying any orchids at the recent
AOS show in Denver. I managed not to spend money I didn't have! :-)

Miscellaneous Info...

I'm single but involved. I'm a non-practicing lawyer, and I teach other
lawyers how to write legal research materials. I also design computer-based
training courses for various departments of the company I work for.

In my free time I'm brushing up on my French (which was my undergrad major
at the University of Cincinnati - I grew up in Ohio), and I enjoy going out
to dinner and seeing movies with friends.

Have a good day, everyone!

Sarah