Old 16-12-2004, 01:28 AM
flupke

Matt C. wrote:
I have the same problem with Alternanthera Reineckii, and Ludwigia Repens.
what I usually do is carefully up root it, dry it a bit with a pare towel,
trim off all the roots that grow from the branch splits, trim about one
third of the plant off the top, and replant or give away. I have done this
twice already and both plants are less than 4 months old.
my plants are growing soo fast i dont have room for all the cuttings!!!
defintely just be gentle with them. always try to trim right at a branch
node.

good luck,
Matt

snip

Thanks for the info.
I will try that. So you basically cut it somewhere at 1/3th from the
top and replant the leafy bit and throw the stem away?

I have indeed done this already to Ludwigia since it was all stems I saw
so i cut the stem and threw that away and just planted the more leafy
bits in the sand and it worked.