Old 15-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Phisherman

On 15 Dec 2004 08:43:18 -0800, wrote:

I have been in the retail nursery trade for 22 years. I have been
thinking lately about a career specializing in lawn care. Anyone
reading do this for a living? I'm interested in diagnosing lawn
problems and the corrective actions, disease prevention, lawn
maintenance, as opposed to lawn cutting. Thanks.

Not for a living, but I take care of two neighbor's lawns at $200 a
month each on a one year contract. That includes fertilizer, liming
(if needed), weed treatments, overseeding, trimming, mulching,
removing leaves, mowing and sweeping. I bought a $500 blower last
year and that reduced the workload. The nice thing is that I don't
need transportation. I keep turning down more requests, so there is a
definite need for this service. Sometimes I will cut down a tree,
with no charge as long as I can keep the wood (I build furniture).
I enjoy doing lawn care and constantly get compliments.