Old 16-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Joe

"SugarChile" wrote in message
.net...
Worry not, muscari are infamous for doing this. I would find it unusual

if
they did NOT emerge in fall. They are always just fine come spring here

in
zone 6, and I suspect they will be ok for you as well. At worst the

foliage
will look a bit ratty, but the blooms will be ok.

Do you have reliable snow cover over the winter? Ours is sporadic; bare
ground and very low temperatures are tough on plants, but snow cover is

like
an insulating blanket.

Cheers,
Sue

Thanks Sue. We can't count on good snow, the nearby mountains tend to cause
a precipitation shadow, and the high winds often evaporate whats left. It's
a real challenge gardening here. But despite that it's a rewarding
activity.