Old 17-12-2004, 06:07 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Mike Lyle mike_lyle_uk@REM
OVETHISyahoo.co.uk writes

I'm pessimistic about 9 acres of mountain land. I don't know anything
about the quality of the land, of course; but is it good enough to
grow cash crops? And if it is good enough, is it near enough to a
good market for those crops?

Yes, there's a lot to be considered before getting too committed. Self-
sufficiency can be and is practised successfully by some, but in most
cases the dreamy mists fade quickly in the glare of reality.

(Please, no goats: you'll be sorry. They don't live on grass.)

We had goats here for 12 years. Once we had sussed their foibles, they
became quite manageable. Our sorrows were more about eventually having
to give them up.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.