Old 14-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Kenni Judd

Sounds to me like you should have phal spikes galore -- your temps are near
perfect for it. The only other thing I know of to look at is the
lighting -- mostly how many hours/day you are running it. It should mimic
nature to some extent -- e.g., less hours of "daylight" as we go into fall
and then increase again as we approach spring ...
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Sarah" wrote in message
Hello everyone!

I need some advice on reblooming phals. I have several that haven't

bloomed
for years. (Apparently I'm not good at beginner's orchids! ;-)

I grow indoors in either fir bark or s/h. Some phals are at an east

window
with a supplemental full-spectrum incandescent light. (Part of my house
blocks the sunlight.) The others I have in my office away from a window

but
under a full-spectrum incandescent light. My growing temperatures

currently
range from 58F at night to 70F during the day. In the summer, they
generally range from 65F at night to 85F during the day.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Sarah