Old 17-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Hi Claudia,

The 55 degree rule is pretty good for our kopi. No food once the temp falls
below 55.

Pleco's die at that temp.

WH can be left. Ours don't die unless the growth core freezes hard. Leaves
fail and freeze. Over 50% make it to the new year very well. We put
plastic over them and the water circulates around them. The water reaches
32, but no hard freeze.

Good luck.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"ClaudCar" wrote in message
Since we don't freeze . . . we can still "talk". How do I know if my fish
are "hibernating" in their cave (under waterfall) or became egret food?
Babies haven't been seen since TDay, but the biggers were around till they
got spooked by the egret and for sure lost 2 to it. The others have
hidden
since the Santa Ana's started and string algae is NOT growing so ASS U ME
the water is cold now. What should I do with their food - is it OK to
leave
in dark cupboard or freeze till they unhibernate?

One of my pleichotis did die, can't tell why - may be cold - looked
recent,
no decomposition.

Should I strip the dead leaves off the WH? and then do I just leave them
in
the upper WF basin?
Claudia
Totus Tuus