Old 18-12-2004, 09:12 PM
George W. Frost

"Ben Thomas" wrote in message
Hi all,

I hope it is not inappropriate to post this question here.

I have a small "lucky bamboo" plant on my desk at work and one at home

indoors
too. Both are getting brown tips on the leaves. There's plenty of water in

the
vases, so could this be a lack of real light or a lack of food? Or

something else?

Thanks for any help.

--
Ben Thomas
Melbourne

It will be a lack of lighting, if you are living in Melbourne, also you
don't need much water with them
Tropical type plants do not usually go well in Melbourne, look at the
thousands of Frangapannii that are sold in Melbourne every year, only to die
weeks or days later
My sister in Brisbane has got lucky bamboo plants growing in water only and
they thrive in that climate
I tried bamboo with water only, in stones with plenty of water , only to
have them carck it within weeks, then I tried them again, this time in
stones with only a small amount of water out of reach of the roots and they
seem to be surviving