Old 18-12-2004, 10:52 PM
keith ;-\)

I don't think you can put a number on how many,I think the more you have the
more you neglect some,so you tend not to over water & pamper them.like most
you start with a phal on the window sill.Then for some reason the windowsill
starts to shrink,so you start to think how you can keep them in a larger
area,whether it be greenhouse or house/flat.Then you can't stop thinking
about them!.Collecting them alone isn't enough for me I would love to one
day sell them as a business everyday,any of you guys out there that do got
any advise or do you make enough money for it to be the only income?

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Dave S" wrote in message
ups.com...
For me, new plants will get a little more attention than those that
have been around for years. For example, I recently picked up several
Sarcochilus species that were bare-root and a little stressed. They get
a once over several times per week as I look for new roots and leaves.

Some of my older plants may only get looked at every couple weeks. This
time of year I look closely at my Phals at least weekly, checking for
new spikes. I think once the collection grew to over 100 plants, the
daily fussing over each plant stopped.

Dave

PS- In 'who we are' I said I have about 300 plants....I didn't count
each plant in a compot as an individual. If I did, I guess I would have
over 400 plants total.