Old 19-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Theo

I do not think that jannuary in NY is the right season
normally you repot when buds come out is the best one
or when the root tips starst getting swollen and white..
this is generally in febbruary march in norther emisphere zone 7

Maple in febbruary march
for apples the good season is oct nov or after flowering in late april
cedars are very delicate I should do them in march april or may
Prunus after flowering
Pines in april may
all have different periods
anyway if they wake up early when buds starts swelling & opening is
the right moment

wrote:

As I have mentioned, my hardy trees spend the winter in an unheated sunporch.
I try to keep the temperature between 30 & 45 F. The trees are all
accessible. Some of them wake up pretty early. I have the following trees which I plan
to repot.
Japanese maple
Cedar of Lebanon
Tsuga canadensis 'Minuta'
Prunus 'Hally Jolivette'
Chaenomeles japonica 'Chojubai'
Crabapple
'Jacqueline Hillier' elm
Miniature Mugo pine
'Broadmoor' juniper.
How soon can I repot them? Can any of them be repotted in January?
Thanks,
Iris
Happy holidays

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: