Old 19-12-2004, 05:44 PM
danny

For those of us growing indoors with central heat, it's more like 20-30%
humidity during the winter unless you have some form of humidification. I
don't get 50% in my basement during the winter without a humidifier.
-danny

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Why do you think you need a humidifier? What kind of orchid do you own

and
where do you live? many common orchids grow fine in 50% humidity, that is
what is commonly avaliable in most climates.

K Barrett

"sandra" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello I was wondering....can anyone please suggest a room humidifer for
me that works exceptionally well with orchids.
I've been reading some reviews, and I've gotten a lot of mixed signals
about some of the humidifiers I've been looking at.
I'm leaving my very first orchid at home with my sister until I can
obtain a nice humidifier that works well with it.
-Sandra