Old 20-12-2004, 12:02 AM
sandra

K Barrett wrote:
When I grew indoors with central heat I still had at least 50%

humidity...
so our experiences differ. Therefore its only polite to ask what the
person's growing conditions are before you offer advice.

K Barrett

"danny" wrote in message
For those of us growing indoors with central heat, it's more like

20-30%
humidity during the winter unless you have some form of

humidification. I
don't get 50% in my basement during the winter without a

humidifier.
-danny

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Why do you think you need a humidifier? What kind of orchid do

you own
and
where do you live? many common orchids grow fine in 50%

humidity, that
is
what is commonly avaliable in most climates.

K Barrett

My orchid will be in Deep South Texas, I do have central heat in that
home