Old 20-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Sacha

On 19/12/04 10:37 pm, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:34:54 GMT, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The picture shows a tall stem
with palest pink, down-ward facing trumpet flowers at the tip.

This to me certainly sounds like Crinum, but I've never seen a bulb.
It must be pretty large to produce the huge stem and flower described.

I agree. It does sound like Crinum and the bulbs are very large. The pink
variety is a little more unusual than the white and if this is Crinum I hope
Janet will tell us how it gets on with her. I knew one garden in Jersey
where there was something amounting almost to a plantation of them, they
were so happy there.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk