Old 16-12-2004, 02:32 AM
Dayton Holmes

Dayton, now existing in mid-coast Maine (where it's way too cold.

62 and hoping to get to retirement as senior underwriter for a small,
regional insurance company while remaining halfway sane.

Have been growing for about 25 years. First were two mesh bag catts
bought at a nursery/garden center in Connecticut. One died. The other
languished for a few years under a two tube fluorescent (surprise
there). Put it on a window sill and it bloomed. Amazingly, kept it alive
for a number of years.Second try was a grocery store phal that lasted
for years.

Have five jammed windows; one HID and four shelves of fluorescent with
about 175 children, primarily phals, mini catts and tolumnias but will
try almost anything not too large and that I think I can avoid killing.
Wife likes the in flower plants brought into the living room but is
otherwise hands-off.

Greatest accomplishment: keeping three cyp flavas alive for the past
half dozen years in a back yard that has gotten as low as minus 35.

Enjoy reading, intensive outdoor gardening, listening to good music and
photography along with four (one letter "T") cats.