Old 20-12-2004, 12:44 PM
dd

In article cz6vd.3959$N%6.2873@trnddc05, J Fortuna
wrote:

What do you think? I think it's been a while since we have all introduced
ourselves to each other here on rgo.
-- Who am I and What Is My Gender?

DeVona, female

-- Where am I? Where do I grow?

I live in the suburbs of Boston, MA. I grow in a sunroom with natural
light plus flourescent light and HID light. I also have plants in the
living room (east-facing wall is glass) and on the kitchen windowsill.

-- What do I grow?

Phalaenopsis/Doritaenopsis: 68 plants, but it does seem like that many
Cattleya family/crosses: 36 plants
Dedrobiums: 15 plants
Oncidium family: 14 plants
Cymbidium family: 2 plants
Phaps: 6 plants
Vanda family: 3 plants (seem to be a lost cause...)
Brassia family: 2 plants
Miltonia: 1 plant
Zygossepalum: 1 plant
Encyclicia: 1 plant
Cirrhopatalum: 1 plant
Unknown: 4 plants

Hum, need to cut back on the dendrobiums and start growning some
phrags...

-- The decade of my age?

5th

-- How long have I been growing orchids?

Time flies, but I think it's been about five years.

-- My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?

Well, I don't know that this qualifies as an accomplishement, but after
a couple of years of killing phals, I finally figuring out that the
problem was that I was overwatering them. This was a turning point for
me.

-- Miscellaneous Info...

I'm married and have three cats. Neither my husband nor the cats have
much interest in orchids, but they tolerate my interest. When I'm not
tending my orchids, I work as a freelance developmental editor and
writer. I work at home, and my office is the sunroom where most of my
orchids grow. Working in my little jungle sure beats working in some
corporate cubicle ...
I've travelled to Costa Rica, South Carolina, Florida, and California
to look at orchids and visit orchid vendors. I'm hoping to take a trip
to Hawaii in the future.