Old 20-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Cerumen

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

In November, our Garden Club gave every member three hyacinth bulbs to
plant, and the results are going to be judged in flower in two months
time at the end of February. Mine (grown in the cool garage) now have
buds up about 1 cm above soil level.

Should I be urging them on, or holding them back? Can anyone remember
how long it takes from this stage to full flower?

Be careful not to "force" them, there are enough animal rights posters
here without attracting the plants rights fanatics........
Seriously though I would think they need neither holding or forcing at
that stage as 6 to 8 weeks would be right for full flowering, at least in
my cool plant room here.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork