Old 20-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Damian

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:14:39 -0600, "RB"
wrote:

We have a St Augustine yard. Around the outer perimeters, brush we cleared
was piled up. When the loader came along to pick it up, we ended up with
holes and gouges. These hole are approx 2-3" deep, and usually around 1-2'
in diameter. The holes as are if a big spoon scraped them out.

Now we're trying to figure out the least expensive way of fixing the
problem. Options seem to be:

1. Have grass/sod put in where holes are. Disadvantage of this is having
to dig out the holes to a uniform level so that the grass/sod top placed in
the holes ends up being the proper level to match up with the rest of the
yard.

2. Simply fill the holes with topsoil, and let whatever grass there is come
back gradually.

3. Do nothing, and let whatever grass there is come back gradually, filling
in with leaves and grass clippings, over time.

Obviously option #1 is the most expensive.

Thoughts, please

I'd go with two. As the grass grows back in, the dirt settles and you
notice uneveness, add more soil.