Old 20-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Ricky

"Fred" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for a palm type tree that will survive through the winter
in zone 6. I live in NJ just on the south edge of zone 6, zone 7 is
right near us.

There's a Chinese Fan Palm (Livistonia chinensis) growing in the Brooklyn
Botanical Gardens. It's been there for many years and somehow it has
survived. Sabal Palms (Sabal palmetto) grow in North Carolina. You might
have a chance at those. Many of the Chamerops species are grown for
interiorscape use. And last but not least, There are Bottle Palms (Hyophorbe
lagenicaulis) growing in the AirLink train station by Newark Airport.

Good luck.