Old 20-12-2004, 05:28 PM
anton

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

I don't think I've ever encountered a cherry flowering at this time of
year.

You've missed a lovely tree!

Are these true cherries, and are there any variety names I can
search on to find out more?

They're true members of the prunus family..the leaves and flowers are
similar in shape to the well-known spring "flowering cherries" though on
a smaller, more elegant scale. There's none of that blowsy,
tart's-boudoir look of Kanzan or Amanogawa.

Nicely put Janet. The yearly enjoyment of my Kanzan does feel like a fling
with a floozy, and until it's outed in the News of the World I won't admit
to it in polite company like urg. ;-)

--
Anton