Old 20-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:21:16 +0000, Rod
wrote:

When I had a severe problem with mealy bug I found that alcohol of any
kind is a very efficient way of killing Streptocarpus, following from
that I would say if anyone had any other Gesneriads, to do a small
scale trial before treating wholesale with meths or whatever alcohol
you choose.

I found that the Ultimate Bug Killer spray was also a good way of
killing Streptocarpus. I asked at the Dibleys stand at the next show
when I bought a replacement plant, and the chap said they use the
Provado granules mix to treat their plants. Don't know if it works on
mealy bugs, but I did have a few on other plants, and there's no sign
of them now. (as far as I can see, which is not as much as most of you
can!) It comes to something when gardening friends come visiting, and
I ask them to check my houseplants for bugs!

Pam in Bristol