Old 21-12-2004, 04:53 AM
Allyb

If anyone is still paying attention, I just downloaded a different
newsreader, and it displays only the messages that OE does, confirming that
it is indeed my isp's news server. Go Google. Gotta love it when the free
stuff works better than what you're paying for. What's web slang for
sarcasm? :-)

"Allyb" wrote in message
I can see my own posts. When I compare the all the posts in this group on
Google and in OE, about 10% that appear in Google do not appear in OE. My
isp replied and said they'd come across the problem before, it's the news
server, and they haven't ever been able to get anywhere with them. I will
download a free newsreader and see what happens there. Thanks for all the
advice!! Allison

"Eric Schreiber" eric at ericschreiber dot com wrote in message
Margolis wrote:

OE has a known problem in this area and other people can read your
posts. Why do you think it's the ISP?

because it is. It is not an OE problem.

Perhaps. The thing is, this exact same set of circumstances (not being
able to see one's own posts) had been demonstrated to be an OE problem
many times before.

The test is easy - fire up a different news reader, and see if the
posts show up. There are a number of good, free, newsreaders available,
so all the test would cost would be a bit of time.

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com