Old 21-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Tom L. La Bron

BV,

This article has been around or has been reproduced in one form or another
for many years. Like I have said before this and related articles is for
"Aquaculture." I have been in touch with Ruth's department and they make no
translation for backyard ponds and suggest no recommendations for use of
salt in backyard KOI ponds or any other kind of ornamental ponds. This
article is for "Aquaculture."

If you are dealing with stocking concentrations of 1/2 pound to one pound
of fish per gallon of water then use the recommendations in this article,
but if you are running a KOI pond with one fish per 1,000 gallons and then
additional KOI per 100 gallons, you need to leave your salt on the kitchen
table or around the stove, because this article doesn't pretain to you and
your situation.

Tom L.L.
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
An interesting article re-published on IHMP for your viewing pleasure,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/topic.asp?article=99736.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com