Old 21-12-2004, 03:47 AM
Dwayne

Here in the U.S. it takes two types of blueberries planted near each other
to produce the best crop. Like you said, they need acidic soil. A friend
of mine raised them as a U Pick place and charged for the amount you picked.
He said that he had to water them every other day during the summer, while
they were producing.

Apparently you don't have to prune except to keep the dead wood off and
after a couple years the older stocks might be pruned off because they grow
new shoots from around the base to replace the older wood that has given
several years of fruit. I planted mine about 1 1/2 meters apart, in rows 2
meters apart.

Have fun and enjoy.

Dwayne

"davek" wrote in message
Just bought two bushes to plant by my caravan in Cheshire. Acid soil,
freezing cold for days at a time in winter. Have supply of bonfire ash
which I believe they quite like. Anyone know how I would propagate them?
I'm keen to have more but don't want to pay as they're a bit expensive
(and I'm mean).
DaveK.

---
Outgoing mail certified Virus Free.