Old 16-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Craig Cowing

Marty Haber wrote:

Included in this list was Jerald Stowell of Greater NY. Actually, he was
the first president of that club. At that time Long Island BS was a chapter
of Greater NY. In later years, Long Island became independent and GNY
established a new Long Island chapter in Farmingdale. Other clubs,
including three in New Jersey, and two in Connecticut and one in Brooklyn
were started with a nucleus of GNY members. Yugi Yoshimura was a driving
force in the original GNYBS.

Yoshimura didn't come to the Yama Ki Bonsai Society, which consists of people mostly
in Westchester County (except for me and a few others) until the 80's I think but I'm
not sure. I wonder if the founding members of Yama Ki (1974) were originally members
of the GNYBS.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37