Old 21-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Rod

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:50:54 GMT, Pam Moore
wrote:

I found that the Ultimate Bug Killer spray was also a good way of
killing Streptocarpus. I asked at the Dibleys stand at the next show
when I bought a replacement plant, and the chap said they use the
Provado granules mix to treat their plants. Don't know if it works on
mealy bugs,

It should work on mealy bugs. The commercial preparation containing
Imidacloprid that we use certainly saw our mealy bugs off the
premises. That is applied as a drench to the compost (not to the
foliage, though you can't avoid wetting at least some leaves) I wonder
how and under what conditions you applied the spray? Streptocarpus
really don't like their leaves wet, especially in bright sunshine,
also I wonder about the carrier used in the spray on preparations.
Sometimes it's the carriers and solvents that damage the plants rather
than the active ingredient.
Incidentally it was at Rex Dibley's suggestion that we tried the
Imidacloprid drench.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.