Old 22-12-2004, 01:47 AM

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:51:18 +0000 (UTC), "nambucca"
wrote:

You should be able to buy Methylated spirits in any DIY or hardware store
........its used for all kinds of things from removing ballpoint pen stains
to rubbing down the surface of polished furniture

I'm still having a heck of a time trying to track down some meths
here in Guelph Canada. Maybe I should move to the UK?

Most people/stores I've called have never heard of the stuff.
I've called paint stores, hardware stores, chemical stores,
pharmacies.
Hardware stores carry methyl hydrate but not methylated alcohol.

Rubbing alcohol consists of isopropyl alcohol here, 70% isopropyl ISP.
Could isopropyl alcohol be used instead of methyl alcohol to kill
these mealybugs?

Eric