Old 17-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Scottie

-- Who am I and What Is My Gender?

Scottie, and I am female. Parents really wanted a boy to name Scott Jr.
Married almost 35 years to Gary, who is the grower (I'm the enabler).

-- Where am I? Where do I grow?

We live in League City, Tx., a suburb of Houston between Houston and
Galveston, about 7 miles from Galveston Bay. We have a small kit greenhouse
(which is way too full) for this time of year and grow outdoors from about
the first of May until October.

-- What do I grow?

Gary loves Phrags, Phaphs, and Tolumnias; I love Dendrobiums, and we also
have Vandas, various Catts and Catt hybrids, Oncidiums, Phals, and various
species. I keep losing track of the total number.

-- The decade of my age?

Will both be 58 in January.

-- How long have I been growing orchids?

Since 2002, I think. Seems like forever, but I guess that's because I've
always been a gardener..

-- My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?

I think that every single blossom is the biggest accomplishment!

-- Miscellaneous Info...

Gary is a Toyota Master Technician; he has worked for various Toyota dealers
in Colorado, North Carolina and Texas since 1976; he enjoys anything to do
with flying from building model planes to piloting gliders and sailplanes,
and sailing. I work at a small public library where I catalog books, keep
the computers running, manage the network, and try to answer patrons'
questions. I have been a gardener since childhood and enjoy sewing,
reading, photography, and 'messing about in boats'. We lived for 13 years
aboard our 32' Westsail, Betelgeuse; the last year the deck was covered with
orchids which finally forced us to move landside. We belong to the
Galveston Orchid Society where I am secretary and show chair, and we have
clerked for judging twice during the last year at shows in Houston and
Austin.

And I thank you all for all I've learned from you through this group.