Old 22-12-2004, 10:12 PM
ttalb

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
"tg" wrote in message
would be advantageous to add a stock tank heater in the
skimmer box near the pump intake? Any ideas?

In moving water the stock tank will be on all the time in cold weather.
That'$ 1,000 to 1,500 watt$ 24/7, and since they're not meant to run
continously I would assume it would soon burn out.

Do you happen to have a picture of the stream so we could suggest some
other ideas? ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Jan,
Here are some pics of my stream from this spring.
http://home.insightbb.com/~snowandwa...tos.html-.html
We are in the middle of a large snow/sleet/ice storm here in KY and going to
almost 0 tomorrow night. I will try to add some more then.

Tim