Old 22-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Mike

No :-)

You should be using table napkins.

Folded in the form of a Bishop's Mitre perhaps ;-) ?

If I had a £!.00 for every one of those I had folded I would be rather rich
:-)) My parents had an Hotel and every guest table napkin was folded after
every meal in the form of a Bishop's Mitre.

Rather interesting tale revolves around this in Bruges. My wife and I were
VIP Guests at the Annual General Meeting of the International Maritime
Confederation. This was attended by members of the French, German, Italian,
Dutch, Belgian and other European Naval Associations. The banquet was held
in a top Bruges Hotel and we were arranged on circular table of 10, so that
we were well dispersed and the conviviality was spread across the Nations.
(If only the EU were the same). I have always folded my table napkin in the
form of a Bishop's Mitre no matter where I am as a 'conversation piece'.
This really struck home with one at my table, a French lady if I remember
correctly. She wanted to be shown again and when she had mastered it, went
round to other tables showing them!!!

I have a photo somewhere with the Treasurer of the IMC, Henk who is Dutch,
with one of her folded table napkins, in the form a Bishop's Mitre on his
head!!

If only the EU had the same friendship and understanding :-))

Mike