Old 23-12-2004, 03:24 AM

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:49:46 -0500 in . unc.edu K. Jo Garner wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Merle Finch wrote:
-Does anyone know why a piece of lucky bamboo with roots that was very
-healthy and is in a container with a perfectly healthy piece of lucky
-bamboo would suddenly begin turning yellow from the bottom up and
-getting mushy? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks for any advice you
-can give.

I don't know, but if you find out, please post! I've been looking for a
way to get rid of backyard bamboo for years.

Lucky bamboo isn't actually bamboo, but a similar grass.

As for bamboo removal

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/p...es/bamboo.html

You might want to do one pass of cutting followed by double strength roundup
with a shot of hand dishwashing detergent once growth hits 20-24"

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidance -- Brazil

I've read somewhere that "as pest, rat are unstoppable but as food,
they disappear overnight" - I don't suggest eating rat but maybe you can eat
the bamboo shoots which maybe edible ?