Old 23-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Richard

In article ,
noah body wrote:

First of all, thank each of you for your replies to my question. I have
had only two people come forward to help me with identifing these bugs, one
guy said Aphids, the other said Springtails, but after reading I know now
that there's 6000 species of these tiny bugs, so it's hard to tell maybe.
One reply said to feed them to my fish, but the bugs are above the
waterline, all over the underside of the canopy and all over the floating
wood that is above the surface, hundreds and hundreds now. I am going to
experiment with my new dig. camera now and see just how good of a macro shot
I can get with it and send it to some Marine Biologist, hey then again,
since I live on the water's edge of Nova Scotia and I'm only a drive away
from the Nova Scotia Institute of Marine Biology, I'll see if I can get them
to put their heads together. This is all in fun by the way .. I'm just
curious to know what they are. Thanks again for your replies in this forum.

Charlie
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada

WHat kind of fish do you have in the tank? It seems to me some active
top feeding fish should clear them out. The "golden wonder killi"
(gold form of Aplochelus lineatus) comes to mind. They're utter pigs,
common and only feed at the top.