Old 21-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Newbie Bill

I would do a search for the Nitrogen Cycle, which essentially developing
adequate bacteria to rid your water of the ammonia the fish produce. If you
add too many to quickly, you may poison your fish. Feed them sparingly till
your pond is cycled, and not at all till the pond temp is consistenly 55 or
higher. Ideally, your should quarantine your fish before adding them to
your pond. If they do have any problems it is easier to treat a smaller
container than 1000 gallon pond. If you cant bring yourself to do this, IMHO
dont use 25 cent feeder comets. I know some have done this quite
successfully, but they are disease prone/ridden and may well cost you more
time and money than you save by not starting with a few 'real' fish.
Bill

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I've finally put in my pond liner and filled it with water. This is a
year after I started digging my 5000L / 1100 gallon pond. I've added
some water conditioner which I picked up from the local fish shop.
Now what? How long should I wait before adding fish and plants?

Han.