Old 24-12-2004, 11:28 PM
shazzbat

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message
Considering creating raised beds for vegetables. Not too sure about

using
wood because of the various chemicals that might be embedded so I'm
considering things like

http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalo...5&products_id=
749
(there's a bigger version too). I've also come across
http://www.hdra.org.uk/todo_now/faqs_topic.php?id=126.

Anybody care to comment on (a) whether I'm being silly in rejecting wood

(b)
any other "systems" like the ones above?

Just make them from the timber of old pallets and they're very unlikely to
have been treated. Pallets aren't worth the bother. They're also free. Take
a tour round your local industrial estate and you'll probably find places
only too grateful for you to take them away.

Steve

Steve