Old 25-12-2004, 12:32 PM
The Lady Gardener

Hi Kate

My tree competes with a big-ish Azalea under it, and rampant ivy, so a few
strawberries and iris should not cause it a problem, though if it is in the
lawn, and the lawn is not allowing water to penetrate to the roots of the
lime that may be depriving it of water. I feed mine with sheep manure,
though with a poorly one I'd give it a little (and I mean very little)
complete citrus food as well as the manure. When it gets less poorly a
little more citrus food. I can't stress enough that they are quite
prolific feeders, and mine is treated to a big bag of poo at least twice a
year. In return I am treated to 2 crops of limes a year.

Joanne

"Kate" wrote in message
Hi Joanne,

thanks for your post.
At the moment the lime is not dropping any more leaves. It has about 50%
cover.
It gets enough water and is growing on the back lawn. We did have a lot of
rain in the past month so maybe it got too wet???
I have a few strawberries and irises growing under it. Could they cause the
problem as I heard somewhere that there should be nothing growing under a
citrus?
What should I feed it with?

Thanks
Kate